RICHCAT7

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Richard,

Many thanks for exchanging my Ti grille, there was me thinking my replacement nosecone would be the same shape as the one I smashed up.. so a nose cone for a 1995 car made after 2010 appears to have the same opening as a post 2010 car..

If i knew how to get a pic on here..i would..

cheers

Andy P

• 2 weeks later...

Fitted the stonegaurds today.  They do look very nice.  The SS ones are only 4 years old but look very tatty when compared to the Ti ones.  Time will tell if they keep their good looks. Any tips on keeping the finish as is?

Hello Peter,

Glad you have fitted the guards and they look good.

Still have to fit mine, but i am not sure whether to fit the later size  ie standard like yours , or make myself a set of smaller ones for the 1990 crossflow car, think i will go for the latter.  so that could be a new line ! *smile*

Regarding cleaning,  a simple red scotch brite  wrapped round a nice 2" x 3" x 1" square block of wood, rubbed up and downn in an even line of draw will restore the look

Just be very carefull and dont overun on to your paintwork.  *eek**curse*

You can get some Diamond impregnated blocks ,cant remember the name tonight ,will post up later.  They work very well also.

Would like a picture if you get a chance Peter,

Regards Richard

My Ti guards are fitted now and look very good.  They've done about 50 miles so far without picking up any marks.

One thing - I've never fitted the steel ones but understand you're meant to shape them to fit the wing?  I tried bending the Ti ones around various things but couldn't get them to take on much of a curve.  In the end I just rivetted them as-is which worked but there's a fair bit of tension in them.  Not sure if the lack of bend was me being too scared to give them some jip or a trait of titanium but the end result looks great.

Hi Thomster,

They are so thin at .5 mm they need no form.

originals come in at about 1.2mm so have to be bent.

You would be hard pushed to  put any shape in and retain form  in ti ones!  

This i hope will make them pretty undentable  *thumbup*

Keep up with the roadtests and i will see you in about 2000 miles   *driving*

Richti