Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Half Doors

anthonym

Clive

If you are switching between screen and aero and back, make sure that you don't fit a popper under the stanchion. Mark the edge of it with some masking tape on the scuttle before you take it off.

I found that I could reuse the popper on the car at the rear, but the front ones were in the wrong position - and one is a 'lift the dot' one to avoid the doors blowing off. (cue Michael Caine jokes...).

Steve

Quoting Alaskossie: 
Paul,

How did you fit your c/f half-doors? What do you use as the front hinge?

What brand/make are they?

I've got some half-formed plans for c/f half-doors, with removable lucite windows hinged on the stanchions...

I think *confused* that they are Arnie's DITP ones - very, very nice indeed. They had done the rounds a few times with other club members, but were still brand new as no-one had fitted them. With my superior drilling skills *tongue* (hence the slotted holes) I fitted new poppers to mate with the existing popper bases used for the hood. The only extra popper I had to add was at the leading edge where I used the special durable dot jobby with atang that only allows removal in one direction.

You'll see the idea here

Paul,

Thanks. I was curious, because I've seen some c/f half-doors (Fluke/MOG) in which the description states that they are designed for the leading edge to fit *inside* the lip of the scuttle.

I take it that with the poppers, your half-doors don't "hinge" outward without undoing the leading poppers first?

Hi Alaskossie,

My doors don't hinge out at all, they are either on or off, and to remove them you need to release all of the rear poppers then finally the front durable dot which does involve hinging the door out to release the tang.

The Mog ones do locate the leading edge completely differently as you say inside the lip of the scuttle-I'm sure someone with these will be along with a photo.

Paul