Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Plug connector ...

SLR No.77

• Leadership Team

I need a connector to fit the back of a standard dash rocker switch. The switch I have is a simple single pole on/off switch so it only uses a couple of the more central round pins - I think a connector from any of the various switches would do the job. I've tried to find some simple push on connectors for the round pins but nothing's the right size ☹️

Stu.

Have got a picture of the back of your switch, Stu? If I can clamber over all the wood, old carpet and other junk at the front of my garage to get to my Caterham later, I'll snip off a connector for you. Most of the stuff in my dash is redundant anyway.

Here you go, boss. I need the switch to fill the hole in my dash but can slap the plug in the post to you.

http://images61.fotki.com/v666/photos/4/42688/906396/DSCF2223-vi.jpg

Oh, I've left a couple of inches of wiring for you. There's two wires going into each pole though. The switch is my brake fluid level test warning light alarm system thingy. No idea what I does as I used the old-fashioned look at the reservoir method...

Edited by - Mankee on 29 Aug 2012 19:18:44

• Leadership Team

Ian, I've had lights fitted in the footwells for a few years, just beneath the bulkhead each side - I became tired of fumbling around in the car when getting in late at night to head home ... mine gets used in the dark as well as the rain 😬 Having bought a specific "interior light" switch of the same type as the dash switches I'm only just getting round to fitting it ..... no heater so there's a spare hole in the dash! Adding a couple of lights in the boot area is the next obvious step. Honestly, one of the cheapest and most useful mods you can do to a 7 *smokin*

Stu.

Edited by - sforshaw on 30 Aug 2012 09:16:04