Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Coolant hoses from SFS Performance

gundersen

Hi Bo,

thanks for all your support with this. Hoses now fitted and look great! *thumbup*

So...to finish the installation I now need roughly 1 metre of hose and 2 x 10mm right angle fittings for the catch tank.

Can I ask if anyone else would have an interest as I am planning to ask Anthony if he can accommodate?

thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quoting Bradders: 
Is there likely to be another BB on these? Only just got my 7 recently.

Bradders.

Edited by - Bradders on 9 Jun 2012 14:45:18

I just bought a set of the 3 main hoses from Caterham for £97 (inc VAT). Admitedly, the only colour was black, but they were cheaper than the bulk buy, if you don't want/need the small hoses. Unfortunately, they're now out of stock: http://www.caterhamparts.co.uk/product.php?id_product=4710

Edited by - keybaud on 9 Jun 2012 18:17:16

Quoting Bradders: 
Is there likely to be another BB on these? Only just got my 7 recently.
I wouldn't hold my breath if I where you *smile* A lot of people participated in this one, so I suspect that the bulk of the silicon need as been satisfied for now.

But try to do what Roadsport06 suggested and call Roadsport06, they have been very nice to talk to.

• Area Representative

Hi,

Just started to fit my kit and its excellent quality *thumbup*

However, I ordered the full kit for a dry sump system with the heater kit but have 8 hoses (5 main ones in one pack and 3 for the heater). I think I am missing 1 hose from the main kit. Is there a thin one which goes from the expansion tank to the small pipe from the head where the ball valve sits (right alongside the inlet manifold)? I will give SFS a call but if someone can confirm if this pipe is meant to be included that would be helpful.

Thanks

Nick

Hi Nick,

You are correct, the kits we ordered should contain 6 hoses for dry sump kit and 3 hoses for the heater kit, 9 hoses in total.

In addition to the normal hose kit from SFS we had an additional hose added which is the one that you seem to be missing, the one that goes from the expansion tank to the head. It is not part of the regular SFS kit, so that might explain why they forgot it.

I am sure that Anthony will sort you out if you give him a call *smile*

• Area Representative

Hi Bo, thanks for the quick reply. That sounds like the missing pipe. I didn't deal with Anthony when I made payment. I think he was on leave and if it was a special extra. I expect it was overlooked. I'll give them a quick call *wink*

Cheers

Nick

Edited by - Nick Chan on 12 Jun 2012 22:59:03

• 10 months later...

I've just spoken to Anthony at SFS Hoses. He has advised another group buy could be invoked if 10 or more people wanted them... this would give a 30% discount on list price.

I wanted mine sooner than getting a group buy sorted so asked about a standard discount for Lotus 7 club members, he agreed 20% if it was outside the group buy.

Well worth giving him a call.

Mine is a wet sump 1800 K series and he advised the part numbers needed were:

SHL9.5-550 - This is the additional length for the expansion/header tank

CHS120/B - This is wet sump, coolant set (5 hoses)

HH09 - This is heater set (3 hoses)

Hope thats of some use to people looking for Silicone Hoses on the search *wavey*

• 7 months later...