Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Boot cover

Keechy

Has anybody fitted a SBFS tight boot cover? about to order one but not sure how easy they are to fit. They do refer to a special tool they send you with your cover which sounds like you need to use. Any info gratefully received.

Just fitted a tight boot cover ( no hood sticks).

I tried to buy it from Oxted trimming (on t'internet as thundersport.co.uk) but they couldn't sell one in vinyl because it was part of their exclusivity agreement with Caterham. They do sell mohair covers.

They aren't listed on the Caterham website.

The very nice , Man at thundersport gave me the catalogue number and Caterham took the order by 'phone.

It arrived in 24 hrs and fits fine.

It took 20 mins to fit (you do need the popper tool) and looks great.

• 2 years later...

Another holy thread resurrection! Whats the consenus on standard hooding versus mohair for the Softbits boot cover?  Is mohair much nicer than the standard hooding?  Ive no idea what to order. I dont even know what a mo is! 

I bought the mohair boot cover from Thundersport.co.uk.

Fitting was relatively straightforward, but some care is required in fitting the poppers to ensure a good fit.

The mohair is a canvas type material which does tend to attract dust, so you may have to occasionally get the vacuum out!

Overall I am very pleased with it and IMHO looks a lot nicer than the standard vinyl cover.

• 3 weeks later...