Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Xflow alternator keeps shedding its connectors

bstark

Has anyone else had this and devised a better solution than simply "tighten the connectors"?

Thing is the connectors are already really very tight and there's enough slack in the wires that it isn't being pulled somehow when the engine runs. It's the charging circuit so a pain...

(it obviously suffers from vibration down there hence previous needs to loctite the mounting bolts then subsequently reinforcing the bracket after it cracked...)

Andy - they are push fit connectors...

Jonty - interesting thought - I'll look into that.

Aeroscreens - they are three individual push fit connectors (only two of which keep working loose). A block connector might just do it - good link *thumbup*

Ian - it does sound a bit of a bodge fix (so very me then 😬) but if I can find a more elegant solution first I will. Cheers for the suggestion. *thumbup*

Bob

I am having similar issues, but with a Lucas A127 alternator (Metro-styleee) on a K-series. The plug is staying on fine as it has a retaining wire, but various tensioning and mounting bolts keep rattling loose and disappearing, even on very smooth circuits like Bedford. I'm going to try spring washers, nylocs, doubling up of nuts, Vibra-Technics engine mounts and some blue language to eliminate the problem.