Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Interior carpet

Pezky

Currently have no tunnel carpet etc since fitting 5 spd gearbox, as hole for gearlever is further forward.

Don't really like the bear ali tunnel, has anyone found an alternative to carpet 🤔

Looked at that carbon weave sticky stuff but it is quite expensive *rolleyes*

• Area Representative

Hi Jonathan, if you are interested, I have a set of blackpacked interior panels for a live axle car if you are interested? These include the tunnel, bulkhead, side panels and the boot shelf inc turrets. They are cluttering up my garage so if you are interested we could have a chat.

Cheers

Nick

PS I think I am right in that you have a live axle car... *confused*

Assuming it's still available I'd suggest having a look at "boom-box" carpet, ie stuff marketed for covering wooden bass speaker enclosures in airfix adorned Saxos and the like.

I seem to remember it varies tremendously in finish, quality and price - though typically with this sort of thing there's not always a correlation between them.

If you can find the right stuff though, it looks good and is very, very light 😬

Ben

OK, I realise my old car may be an exception to the norm but it's done a lot of miles and I like to be comfortable (it also has a cassette player...).

I have used bathroom carpet over the tunnel, it can be obtained in quite a thin format and it's OK to get wet.

(there's the barest glimpse on the August shot in this year's calendar)