Click here if you are having website access problems ×

PDF Version

Chris Cardwell

Would it be possible to have a pdf verion of the monthly magazine to save space?

Have recently bought a scanner and I could cut the magazine into A4 pages and scan the magazine into a single pdf file for easy storage.

I don't mind if the printed version was issued first and the pdf version was only available for previous years . . . I am NOT suggesting a pdf version is issued each month.

Will soon have to choose whether to throw away back copies of Low Flying or scan them. Will not provide pdf copies to other people unless permitted by the club. Members could of couse buy a CD with last years Low Flying as an alternative to a magazine binder.

Any thoughts would be appreciated

I would prefer to receive it in PDF format each month and drop the printed version. It would be an easy job to put together as the printed version will be made in something like in design which can be saved as a PDF anyway.

Obviously some people will still want a printed mag, but the club would save money and help the enviroment with every member who opted for pdf

Boris

I don't mind which pdf solution is offered I was trying to suggest something which does not compete with the status quo, or cause a heated argument.

Newspapers recognise that their circulation is gradually becoming digital.

The obviouse question is when will publications be predominately digital?

The pdf version could reduce costs or generate extra revenue for the club.

One obviouse problem would be the printing cost being related to a given circulation figure - it may not be viable to only print 1000 copies of Low Flying - the advertising revenue may also be influenced.

A reduction in postal charges would be welcomed.