Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Halfhood has "stretched"

Mike Eamer

Hi All,

After a month touring around France the halfhood has stretched and I now dont have enough adjustability in the straps at the back to pull it really tight. The velcro section of the strap is getting pulled into the buckle.

Anyone had the same issue and got a solution?

Cheers

Mike

Thought this was normal, my straps are certainly getting close to needing adjusted, seem to recall on the SBFS site it used to mention this and they would adjust FOC just give them a call

Suspect its down to velcro position originaly, from new mine was pretty close to buckle so didn't need much stretch, good reminder for me to reposition the velcro before next summer Ta 😬

Tim

Edited by - tbird on 5 Oct 2011 14:06:04

Quoting eagle: 
It'd be no normal cat to stretch it that much and I doubt there are any wild tigers or lions in France... 😬
Our first cats were half Maine Coon. The male was a monster who weighed in at 18 Lb, which is heavier than a bowling ball. *cool*

thanks for all the replies.

Yes the stanchion bolts did cross my mind ;) All seem OK and the windscreen does not look like a new low-drag prototype ;)

I think I will just rull up the T-piece in the boot and secure with zip ties.

Cheers

Mike

The straps are realy easy to alter yourself as required. It is only a bit of strapping with a bit of velcro stitched to it. It can be done on your sewing machine. Just unpick the velcro, work out were it needs re stitching and off you go. If you do not have a machine it can be hand stitched in a short time with a little patience. It is far easier than you might think. I made my own half hood and straps, that was a little more dificult with a lot of patience