Click here if you are having website access problems ×

What do knee plates look like when fitted to an SV?

Iain McCallum

• Area Representative

I am building a new Sigma SV and am struggling getting the supplied knee plates in the correct position. When I line up the pre-drilled holes there is a large gap at the dashboard edge of the plate which looks like it needs to be covered. Also it just seems to fit on top of everything rather than 'hook' under something.

Anyone got any pictures that can help me get it fitted correctly or have any suggestions?

Cheers

Iain

Currently in a different country to my car. Duratec SV - so should be the same as far as the chassis is concerned (??) When back will post a piccy if not sorted by then.

On mine the knee plates fit tightly as follows: chassis tube, knee plate, rubber edging then the interior skin. There is no gap between the knee plate and the dash - in fact it fits tightly up against it. Quite difficult to get into the right position (and to get it out).

Looking at the Caterham parts they show two types of knee panel - neither have a 63mm hole in them (which mine does). Does yours match either?

Andy

I havent got any good pictures but the rear edge should fit over the lip on the bottom of the dash. Its a bit of a struggle but I got them to fit eventually.

Check that you've got the correct side as well - it looks as though it will fit the wrong way round but it won't *biggrin*

Mark

• Area Representative

Thanks for the help guys. A bit of bending has definately helped but the holes are slightly mis-aligned so will re-drill.

Anyone know if I have to put grommets in the knee trim holes for the SVA? I used the ones supplied to fill the big holes in the side of the transmission tunnel!