Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Fuel flooding out of one Weber

Tyrone

I started putting braided fuel lines in tonight. It's a bit of a pita, so I only got the the line from the out on the regulator to the feed on the carbs on. I turned the car over to make sure the work I had done was tight and bugger me if fuel didn't start belching out of the carb nearest the driver. I took the filter off and found this:

here

What have I done to the carb. The regulator is running at 3.0 psi.

Stuck needle valve.

Take top of carb off with gasket. Remove float from top cover being careful as the needle will fall out. Clean it all making sure the ball moves freely. Refit all and test *cool*

I had same problem, dismantled just cleaned and all ok.

If you had the cover off it's possible that the needle is stuckin the open possition just because it can drop to deep. If you mount the cover hold the float up for as long as is possible to avoid this or reajust the lower position for the float.

I hadn't touched mine when this happended either.

Could have been crud from fuel. My carb bowl had some crud in it so it's worth cleaning these out while you've got the tops off. Do both carbs while you're at it too.

Very carefully! Says he who carelessly broke off half of the split post when trying to do this. Later versions don't have a split post. Beware carb covers appears to be like hen's teeth.

Having made the mistake on the first carb I very carefully tapped the pin with a small punch, just enough to be able to get a pair of pliers onto the other end and pull very gently. Hope that all makes sense?