Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Superlight decals

TomGaval

Guys, after assembling my car in 2000, I was so excited to get it on the road, that I never put on the Superlight decals. Now 11 years later, I found them in one of my spare part boxes. Numpty question, "How do they affix to the car"? There appears to be a top covering and a backing. Do I just peel off the backing first, affix,smooth, and then peel off the top cover?

I just don't want to ruin them and have to order new ones.

Thanks

Tom

Edited by - tomgaval on 7 Jun 2011 21:43:08

I don't believe it. You're just trying to show off in front of all the other sevens at the track day on June 27/28! 😬

Maybe put it on the front so we can all see it better when you spin midcorner? *tongue*

😬 😬 *wavey* Mike you know me too well.

If we get 10 caterhams together on track at once, there has to be at least 1 or 2 that I should be able to stay ahead of. Maybe not your new CSR but not everyone there has 260 hp.

Stay tuned guys this event has been planned since the winter and the smack talk will only get worse in the next few weeks before we get together.

Angus are you in country and will you be able to stop in?

Tom

I have one forward facing camera on the car. And I picked up one of those micro cams that someone on blatchat mentioned, $11.65 including shipping from Taiwan, and I have it facing rearwards so that after the event I can see what Croc and the other guys were up too as I do plan to keep ahead of them all day. 😬

I've also recruited some one to take some video trackside too. And I heard rumors that Croc also plans to install a camera just to have extra footage of any miscues that I may make. 😔

The dinner after the first day should be what we video, as I'm sure the constructive comments on driving lines and power upgrades will be flying.

Tom

Edited by - TomGaval on 8 Jun 2011 16:45:16

😬 😬 😬

There are no rumors - I bought a nice shiny Vio POS HD thingy to install on my seven. I plan to face it forward as I lap Miss Daisy...errr.....Tom again and again. *tongue*

Mind you, I will be on CR500s and not slicks like everyone else so I will be giving up at least 4 seconds a lap to the others.

I have to believe that this will be (or close to) the most sevens ever on a track at one time in the USA? Videos, pics and write-ups definitely planned. I promise to even include any spins made by me. 😬

Quoting Croc: 

😬 😬 😬

Mind you, I will be on CR500s and not slicks like everyone else so I will be giving up at least 4 seconds a lap to the others.

😬

Sounds like you are making excuses already 😬 Now stop hijacking my thread as this is Tech Talk, not Chitchat. *nono* Tom

Hey Martin. *wavey*, Yeah, but you brought your whole team. Over here Caterhams are like hens teeth and those that are willing to get them dirty on track is even less.

My favorite time though was meeting you guys at Stoneleigh in 2001 and then getting rides at Cadwell, from Roger, Keith and Alex. Seeing hundreds of caterhams at Stoneleigh, with almost no two exactly alike was just amazing.

Tom

Quoting mav: 
Most on track will have been on the USA tour at Willow Springs... 😬

How many were at Willow Springs? I remember there being 38 at Infineon Raceway Sears Point, but I don't think they were all on the track at the same time.

http://i321.photobucket.com/albums/nn384/BBL-Sean/smileys/38Sevens.jpg

Hi Tom

how are you ? I'm living in France now so if you're ever coming over I'll show you a few French circuits. Have a great day on the 27/28th

*wavey*

Roger

Edited by - ECR on 8 Jun 2011 21:23:31

Martin - I only met up with the tour for 2-3 hours at Infineon, as I was still in the planning stages of Seven ownership at the time. I thought maybe you had stopped at multiple tracks across the Western U.S.