Click here if you are having website access problems ×

K-series rubber engine mounts

bobt

Hi,

Other than caterham, is there somewhere else these can be purchased from?

Part

I do usually support Caterham in buying all my parts direct from them but 40+ quid once the p+p is added for two bits of rubber is a bit pricey...

Cheers

Rob

2.0 VX 16V

First I should tell you that I have literaly lost count of the number of inlet manifolds I've had crack. It wil be 7 or 8....

At first 1992 (?) (Swindon manifold) I thought it was insufficient space in the bonnet cutout and engine movement was responsible. Bigger apetrure, Swindon manifold still cracked. I supported the throttle bodies (Jenvey DCOE type) from below and fitted a flowed caterham manifold - cracked. I fitted misab washers to introduce rubber damping - cracked. I fitted Jenvey manifold - cracked and so on.

During this time I have used different cylinder blocks, engine mounts, crank pulleys, crank, clutch,flywheel, rods, cylinder head, alternator etc, etc.

The engine has gone from 200bhp (?) to 250+bhp in this time and through 3 different engine builders. The engine has always been balanced after every rebuild. I still have noticeable vibration when I rev the car at rest. I'm resigned to a new manifold every year...

I am not the only one to crack manifolds on a VX but it is by no means common.

Explain ?