Click here if you are having website access problems ×

When does R500k come on the cam?

anthonym

Evening Anthony.

If it's a 5 speed box and std diff. then at 36mph it will be at about 2000-2500 rpm so MILES off the cam. I'd say having been in your car (is it still the same one?) that it will be barely running at those speeds.

My 1.4SS used to run like a 3 legged dog under 2k, pick up and run normally about 3, get exciting after 4, then all hell broke loose at 5k and it howled off for the redline *cool*. In 2nd 5k was about 50mph, 3rd was 70ish and 4th was illegal. *wink*

Anthony,

I can't offer any technical advice on your engine but the challenge that you have set yourself or have been set is intriguing in the the extreme. Please, stop the suspense and explain!

My early morning maths (sorry I had to convert to metric to do it) indicates that from your start speed (and not taking into account any subsequent acceleration) you will cover that 66 feet in 1.4 seconds. So you could go an time yourself in 3rd gear from that start speed to get an indication. I am sure that despite the off cam operation it will increase speed by 4 mph.

• 3 years later...