Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Watts link rod ends

bobt

The stripping continues...

Having just finished removing all the rear suspension I've been able to take a closer look at everything. All for rod-ends on the Watts link are fecked. The front two are loose and sloppy and the rear two and very stiff and corroded.

Just had a look on the caterham website here and they want 60 for EACH ONE !!!!

Is that for real??? I'm all for supporting caterham and usually but all my parts through them. This however seems a little steep. HAs anybody sourced these themselves elsewhere?

Cheers

Rob

I've used McGill rod ends for the highly stressed front anti-roll bar connection on the integrale (M8 so tiny really). Life for OEM items (at a really exorbitant price) is a year or two if you are lucky. McGills going strong after 5yrs of abuse daily in all weather.

Also used cheapo ones on the rear suspension on the Dutton trials car - no protection so get plastered in mud, water, grit etc as it's an off-road sport. Rubber bushes needed replacing after one event (probably one section of one event!) - the rod end are starting to show wear after 4 years or so.

So a *thumbup* from me.

Bri

Quoting Jason Fletcher: 
Quoting Paul Deslandes: 
The MBE ecu CANBUS adapter can be bought for about £30 from SBD but its on CC's price list at just under £300 😳 - a bit blatant to be frank.

Paul

The £30.00 is for a lead worth £4.00. The kit is £330 from SBD.

Edited to say that I think I paid £170 for mine two years ago from SBD.

Jason

Actually, apologies as I was wrong about the markup but, like-for-like, the MBE 985 'kit', which includes the adapter and USB cable, is £100 from SBD and £295 from CC. The adapter cable is another £30 odd from SBD. The £330 kit includes the mapping box from SBD. Maybe the CC photo and description is incomplete and their's includes the mapping box. Either way they do add quite a markup but so long as it keeps them in business for us, I don't get too worked up about it 😬