Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Could someone with an SV

michaeljclark

*eek* John - nope, it's to do with the AutoCom I've installed - want to run a lump of cable from the SBFS draught excluder (where the AutoCom lives) to the SFBS Tunnel Touring thingy (where the iPod will live), so that my CoPilot can change the tracks (bit tricky if the iPod is in the draught excluder and you've got a 4-point harness on).

I just wondered if I needed a 2m cable or 3m cable. I'm hoping for 2 but I'm guessing it's going to be 3... Am out in the 7 tomorrow (but v early, so won't be going past a Maplin etc)

Mike

Mike

I did much the same, but actually mounted the autcom on the in-boot face of the back panel, and ran cables from the dash (where my tails for the cig lighter were) through the transmission tunnel to the boot, mouting a 4-way blade fusebox also in the boot. Since it's hanging off the cig lighter circuit (instead of the socket) it's fused in the main box.

I housed the cables in some split convoluted tubing, cable tied in place:

Like this at Polevolt

Hi.

I have just fitted an Autocom complete with new Bluetooth module under the dash on the firewall just to the right of the steering column. I ran a couple of headset extension leads then up through the tunnel to the centre just above the tran tunnel where I have used a chrome double cable clamp to secure them and keep them tidy.

I am using the Bluetooth to connect to my gamin zumo 660 and a cable to connect my iPhone for music etc. - using the gamin to Bluetooth to the phone so I can answer it whilst driving.

I bought a couple of sensor com headsets which are superb and plan to put the autocom noise monitoring microphone thing in the circuit to sort out the volume and box - I wil let you know how I get on.

Very pleased with the quality of the sound - get good stereo music, into with my dear lady wife and directions from both the gamin and the backseat driver !

Hope this helps

Howard

Howard

We originally went for the bluetooth option, but took it back and got a refund after a while. Trouble was there was no way of adjusting the volume of the bluetooth audio and the iPhone would start playing music when the call finished, even if nothing was playing beforehand.

Did either of those issues get sorted out?

In the end I got a couple of the isolators and rewired them to isolate both input and output on the iPhones. The driver's iPhone is used for music as well as the TomTom app.