Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Fitting new aero filler

bobt

Hi I have just fitted on of these and found it quit easy the bit I didn't like was when I removed at old cap you have to drill out the pop rivets that hold the alloy spacer and when you fit the aero cap the new holes are very close to the old holes they are neally figer of 8 😬 which is a no no where I work but the Caterham isn't quit and Aeroplane 😬 Regards Paul

I learned just yesterday that Caterham is now offering a re-designed aero filler assembly of the same design, but changed internally so that the filler nozzle goes in better.

The filler cap is tethered to the new assembly with a short cable, which may or may not be a good addition.

So it may not be necessary to order Linds' larger aero filler and cut a larger hole in the back panel, to get a better-working filler...

The aero filler on our 2010 build R300 works fine with UK standard unleaded nozzles, so one would expect replacement kits to be of the new design also.

The cap tether works great. I'd hate to have to put the cap down somewhere after years of unlearning the act remembering to pick it back up and replace it.

Martyn

Edited by - Rattie on 9 Feb 2011 07:55:06