Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Replacement distributor for xflow

strongy

The bosch dizzie on my supersprint is starting to let me down misfiring and eventual dying, rather that just replace the rotor arm and cap I've read good stuff about the Aldon Ignitor.

How easy is it to remove and replace and do I need to remove the carbs to get better access?

Dry-sumped White Supersprint *smile*

Webshots here

There should be plenty of room to get the dizzy in/out with the carbs in place. The one bolt is easily accessible but make sure that you know where the rotor arm is point first (so that it is easier to retime the new dizzy).

YHM

Cheers,

Graham

------

Low tech luddite - xflow and proud!

Coil is quite new, but I've got a spare to swap - I'll give it a try.

The misfire seems to lessen when I lift off then it drives OK for a bit at lower revs. Other times it will drive OK for 30+miles?

I only looked to the dizzy because the first time it happened I took it off gave it a quick wipe around and it started up again. This was after the car had been laid up for a couple of months so I wondered if it was condensation inside?

Dry-sumped White Supersprint *smile*

Webshots here

I have a dizzy from a tuned supersprint, complete with coil and rev limiter module for sale if you are interested.

Had it set up by some boys in Brum and only ran it a short while before installing a Megajolt system.

Let me know if you are interested.

Jonathan

=========================

My Flickr Gallery

92 Supersprint, Ford LSD LA, RK AX Crossflow. Stealth model (Matt Black and Ali), rebuild completed.