Click here if you are having website access problems ×

VW service reset

Roadsport06

No idea i'm afraid. The VAG-COM is a fully-fledged fault reader and code resetter though. I guess as it does a lot more than reset service indicators that's why it costs a lot more. Any idea which interface you need? I can check to see which interface I have for VAG-COM....

-----

Rik Robarts - C7 DNF the future's bright, the future's no longer orange though.here

Thanks for that RJ, do you know of something relatively cheap to reset the service (actually take it from long life to fixed).

I could take it to a garage but cheaper in the long run if I have something to do this.

BRG and Yellow nose now with added brooklands

Edited by - Roadsport06 on 22 Dec 2010 20:52:09

I bought an Autel unit off eBay , cannot remember the ref no off hand but it was about 40 pounds .

It's the VAG specific unit and you can read all the trouble codes, reset any warning lights and also reset the service info to several options including time or long life .

If you do a search in the archives I posted in the last three months re a problem with my daughters audi a2 and the model no is in one of the later posts in the thread , sorry cannot get the search function to work from my phone. Currently being used to post this reply

Thats the one , i paid £39.99 inc post , i see its £80 on the Gendan web site .

Vag. Com is obviously more comprehensive but the Autel unit has been fine tracing problems with the camshaft position sensor and MAP sensor on the A2 , in fact it listed one fault that the VW garage couldnt diagnose with the factory software !

My Daughters car is 2001 but its supposed to work on all post 2000 and there is can bus in the menu .

I bought it as a buy it now offer because all the auction ones seemed to be going for about £5 more i guess if it doesnt work you could resell and get most of your outlay back

I am in NW London if you want to try it , alternatively i will be at the NEC on the Friday trade day for the Autosport show in January and could bring it up to Brum . .

According to the web site the 405 does

Features and Benefits

· Work with Volkswagen and Audi (Audi/Seat/Skoda/Jetta/Golf/Beetle/

Touareg/GTI/Passat and more) sold worldwide since 1990

· Read and erase Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) of engine, ABS,

airbag, transmission, radio, climate control(A/C), cent., elect., steering wheel,

instruments, immobilizer, etc. (18 Systems)

· Read and clear generic trouble codes of cars using ISO 9141-2 (CARB),

ISO 14230 (KWP-2000) and ISO-15765 (CAN) protocols

· Turn off MILs of engine, airbag, ABS , A/T and most other systems

· CAN (Controller Area Network) capability

· Reset oil service light

· Retrieve vehicle information (VIN)

· Display I/M Readiness Status

· Display DTC definitions on unit screen

· System upgradeable via the internet

why dont you think it will reset post 2004 service indicator ? There is no qualification on functionality above and it says it has CAN functionality .

Have you called Gendan and asked ?