Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Trying to identify an alloy wheel centre cap

ECR

It's a plastic moulding (not spun alloy), Its chrome plated. It fits into a hole in the centre of the wheel of 2 .625" diameter. It projects from the face of the wheel by 1.875". It has 9 plastic "claws" x .375" long that fit into the hole in the wheel. It is marked "SW Small" on the inside of the cap

Anyone ?

Ex Chairman Roger

ECR.

If you find out how to get replacements please let me know. My wheel caps are these and now one or two have the claws missing. They have now been lightly wrapped in ali foil to ensure they fit the wheel tightly. I've tried to find info. on Performance but think that they aren't marketed here anymore?

Roger,

If it is a Performance Wheels cap, the company is very much alive, based in Leicestershire. They can be contacted on 01530 517920.

If they are unwilling to deal direct, please let me know; we do business with them, and I will get it organised for you.

Paul

ECR I needed a set of caps for my superlites but did not get anywhere with the English company. Eventually found a company in France who were very helpful and came up with the goods. If you need the details let me know.

• Leadership Team

I made up some alluminium adapter rings for my Performance alloys to anable the Minator "Caterham" centre caps to be fitted - simple turned ring with a slit to allow it to compress to fit in the wheel hole - much better appearance. I sold the wheels to Ian Brandon but whether he still has the wheels and hence the details, not sure.

Stu.

Apparently this company handle all Performance sales in Europe.

Patrice Ryder [patrice.ryder@outback-import.fr]

They have the caps in stock at 75 euro for 4 so they're not cheap ....

Edited by - ECR on 24 Dec 2010 16:24:27