Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Odometer reset

swsambler

My new build Roadsport 175 has just gone through 1,000 miles on the odometer.

The display has always had a leading "" in front of the mileage number from the beginning, i.e. 144 or 854 etc.

I was driving in the Thirsk area on Friday pm and the odometer was approaching the 1,000 miles mark and when I next looked at it, it read "6", but the leading "" had gone. Since then the odometer has climbed steadily with miles covered.

Anyone else experienced this or have an explanation of the ""?

Simon

Roadsport 175 SV

has to be faulty then, could it be only displaying the trip meter, does it toggle when you press the trip reset, when you press and hold the trip reset does it only reset the trip,

maybe you will have to wait another 1000 miles to see what happens 😬. I have a stack so not familiar with display but does it display leading 0s if so how many digits does it display in odometer mode, seems unlikely that a poor electrical connection would cause a problem exactly on 1000 miles sounds more like a firmware issue

above just random thoughts really, I am sure you have tried most of them, other than that hopefully someone will be along in a minute with an answer

• 3 weeks later...

i have an update on this. My odometer passed the 2000 mark and yes, it did switch from "999" to display "1000". However, the same problem happened when passing the 1100 mark. It complete ignored it and went from 1099 to 1000.

I know its good for insurance puposes and resale value but I don't want something that doesn't work. Time to return it to caterham?

• 7 years later...

Ah, yes! Mine is just about to go through 28000 but has never shown more than 1000 on the meter....I keep a record of the big numbers on the history sheet!...Nine years and no fix so far but I did agree with Caerbont to take it in for a look next time I`m over there this summer. I`ll be interested to know if there is a fix that will enable the correct numbers to be shown i.e.28K.