Click here if you are having website access problems ×

CC Half Doors

peewee7

• Area Representative

OK, I've read the threads in a few searches and I've come to the conclusion that fitting the half doors has to be done right, thats why I am not going to attempt fitting them myself. Can anyone recommend a good trimmer that has undertaken the fitment of half doors?

If you’re behind me and can read this, its because I’m letting you.... Pee Wee

*arrowright*Pictures here *arrowleft*

There's no rocket science involved..

A trimmer won't be able to help fitting half-doors.

If you need help, then visit your local 7-service place - not sure if there is anyone close to you, though.

They are just fitted with poppers and it is best to fit the bases where they will screw/rivet into the chassis tubes.

If you have a tonneau cover, then try and re-use the popper bases used for that. If not, then offer the door up where it looks best and go from there.

Cheers - Simon

• Area Representative

From what I've read it seems there are umpteen different type of fasteners that require different tools, so on and so forth. I like the idea of having captive riv-nuts so the doors can be screwed on. Is there anyone close with H/D that I could catch a look at? I need to get them fixed in place for the weekend of the 18 19 20 June… my stag do on the EVO *thumbup*

I would go with 'lift-the-dot' fasteners every time to hold the half doors on. Very secure, won't let go in the airstream or degrade through use. I use the same for the tonneau. *thumbup* Poppers are 🙆🏻

Edited by - bobt on 11 Jun 2010 09:12:24

• Area Representative

Because I have two CC half doors sat in the garage that have been there for two years *eek* Ive just been putting them off... Now Ive gone aero the doors need fitting and fast!