Click here if you are having website access problems ×

fitting trailer in single garage!

GaryT

Hi,

looking to get a bit further afield with track days so thought i'd measure up for a trailer. Brian James Minno (seems to be a popular choice) 205cm wide, garage door 210cm wide *eek*!

Now 2.5cm clearance on either side doesn't really sound like enough to me. Anyone with any tips on how to live with this? or alternative narrower trailer suggestions welcome too!

Cheers,

Gary

Gary

sounds you have a few mm more than I have and as long as you line it up perfectly it will be fine. The fun starts when you are a inch off centre and need to straighten it up as it goes in. One tip though, tie the rubber marker lights inwards because they are wider than the arches and as they get bent in by the garage wall and then twang back it can bust the bulb *mad*

Jason

We've got a Minno Max that we put the SV car on in the garage. I just measured the narrow points in the garage this morning and between piers we have 220cm. There are a few of these on the way into the garage and we don't have a problem. Yours in narrower, but it sounds like you only have one narrow point, the door reveal.

We push the trailer in without the car on it then drive the car onto it. That makes maneuvering the trailer far easier. In our scheme the hitch goes in first of course.

For reference, the 205cm refers to the width of the lighting frames at the back of the deck, while the plastic wheel arches are slightly narrower and of course have a little give. The corner markers are 225cm tip to tip, but are made of soft rubber. My intention is to replace them with LED units to prevent bulb bustage.

The Minno Max does take the widetrack SV with 15" CR500, but with only 1cm either side between tyre sidewall and deck edge flange/wheel arches.

Martyn

R300GRR back home!! Reg inspection on 29th

Just been through all this myself. Garage width at narrowest is 2300mm. Any trailer large enough to fit my SV was also 2300 wide. I used one with minimal width of 1cm on either side of the tyre last year. It was really difficult to use easily - I required visual help and much care.

So I have just purchased a Brian James TT600. The bed is over the wheels so you get extra width for the car and yet less overall trailer width so it fits in the garage fine. The overall width is 1960 with the SV width being 1685 - plenty of room.

thoroughly recommend this trailer. make sure you get the length that will fit in the garage, and be careful about selection of a wheel clamp (10' wheels with minimal clearance above to the base of the bed.

Not sure you will find it easy to pick one of these up second hand, and they are more expensive than a Minno.

Steve

Steve

Guaranteed banal profundities

Thanks everyone that's really helpful advice, next two track days are local (brands) so have plenty of time to look for one now knowing it should fit ok

the u tube clip is so funny, thanks Devils Advocate

Cheers,

Gary

• Area Representative

Find someone local with a minno who will pop round to try it for size. It shouldn't be too much of a problem to get it to fit in though assuming you can get it straight before entering the garage (just like that caravan on DV's clip 😬)

Assuming you will be parking your car on it for storage, if possible look for a trailer with the pull out ramps. They are much easier to use than the ones with ramps that have to be manually slid under the car

HTH

Nick

Back in a BEC! - but done alright in Class 1...