Click here if you are having website access problems ×

K Series - v - Sigma

RS2000

Lets face it Lotus / Caterhams and ford engines are inseperable, that japanese rover lump was always a make do and mend, you see all of this garbage on pistonhead ads for k series 7s "engine refreshed after 5000 miles", why does it need refreshing after 5000 miles.................cos it aint man enough for the job!(as it wasn't in the regular production cars)...........my 81 crossflow and my 150hp sigma are both going like a dream..............wouldn't entertain the years in between

LE0's an 1800 140BHP K with 66,000 on the clock - no head gasket problems and an overall consumption of around 43 mpg, which includes both heavy slow traffic and touring.

I also know several people who own Rover 200/25s with over 100,000 miles (one has 198,000) on the clock and no problems.

LEO 3eggs

Another Slightly Vider SeVen

I'd echo 2cv - k-series is all British - although I believe it was put into some Honda cars & prospective customers were told it was a Honda engine...

I think the article is pretty clear - although rather long!

My view is that the engine is an exceptional design, still as light, or lighter than modern rivals & therefore a good bet for a se7en. Ultimately, whichever engine one chooses, it's a matter of preference & having driven a Sigma 125, I'm really pleased I've got a k.

I also can't wait until I have enough funds to hand it to Oily & discuss what we can do to tweak it... 😬

If you can't fix it with a hammer, it must be an electrical problem...