Click here if you are having website access problems ×

POBC - Smashed Headlight Lens

A stone has hit passenger side headlight and smashed both glass and bulb.

These are std 7" lights.

Is the best thing to buy a replacement lens fron CC and H4? bulbs (Philips x-treme power H4 ) from powerbulbs

All sugestions greatfully read

Iain

Even less people where expecting the Yorkshire Inquisition - By Eke!

I've got a couple of good original lenses with bulbs - mail me if you are anywhere near Skipton and want to come and take a look and offer me loads of money.

I have the Wipac Freeform lenses fitted to mine - work well and look . . . strange . . . if you want to come and look . . .

Can I suggest Paddock Land Rover spares as an alternative (cheaper) source? My internet access here at home is currently on a par with a really bad day with a really slow dial up modem on a really bad line, so you'll have to do your own googling - but 7" lamp with sidelamps for RHD - think I got change from £40 for the pair inc. delivery.

Bri

Wipac may be standard fitment now but back in 1994 my car was supplied with the Cibie units. Not too sure whether CC still stock them but I bought a replacement a few years ago. Ask Darren?

I agree with Graham & much prefer them over other units.

Well I'm confused

Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to reply

Spoke to CC who said it was a Wipac S6010 that was needed - but Wipacs own web site lists it as a plastic lens - and mine is 100% glass

MADMALC - as you can tell - I'm still not sorted, but really not sure which way to go - All that I read says the std lamps are crap in the dark - so do I upgrade them - if so what to - or do I just buy an identical single to what I already have and upgrade the bulbs.................?

If only I had gone on that decisiveness course - but at the time, couldn't decide if I needed to...

I should also say 2 things

1 - sorry not to have replied Yesterday - but was no where near PC

2 - As Mav says - this is for an 06/07 CSR - I don't know how much diffrence this makes - as when it comes to 7 knowledge - I'm still a knuckle scrapper

• 3 weeks later...

So in the end I decided to buy the Wipac freeform units that are an alternative to the originals.....

Now they are fitted - a couple of observations

Having plastic lenses will hopefully make them more break resistant, it also makes them 120g lighter per unit.

I bought some phillips H4 xtreme bulbs from powerbulb at the same time, - and whilst not being as good as my tin top ( which has xenon lights ) they are much better than original.

S-V-C are/were offering a pair of these lenses for £65 + £7 postage

A local supplier to me - suggested by someone on this forum - supplied at £16 and a few pennies each. So with the upgraded bulbs it still came in at about £55 all in - thats about £40 saving on S-V-C's price. Someone there needs to resharpen thier pencil when it comes to pricing...........