Click here if you are having website access problems ×

CSR exhaust Newbie question

tbird

Having recently aquired a CSR 200 I am wondering if silencer needs replacing, it sounds great but I suspect a little loud, I can see no record of a new can being fitted so I guess its been on since new, around 3.5 years and 10K miles with occasional track days, to be honest I am not sure if it is a 5" or 7" can, although I think 7" is standard fit (will measure tomorrow) does POBC think changing for either a new CC exhaust or maybe a Raceco would be a good idea, car primarily for Fun/Touring.

Cheers for help in advance

Fitted a Raceco 7" *thumbup* to my CSR as I found the original can painfully loud and also wanted to do some trackdays.Had it measured at 91db @ 4000RPM static(I suspect it was abit louder after the trackday) its great for touring but sounds really good when you get on the gas 😬 a good bit of kit *thumbup*

Gavin

CSR200

Duratecs- Lets Play!!!!

Frankly it's unlikely to be worn out after such a short time. If it's loud it is most likely to be a small can, just measure across the width to see what size it is. I've had the standard sealed 7" "Race Silencer" on my car since 2006, and with around 12k miles showing and it is as quiet as the day I fitted it, which means only about 91-93dbs, so very quiet.

Paul J.

Can you ever have too much power?

Gavin cheers, I need to find a noise meter now to compare

SM25T its a sealed can so I guess its wire wool, does this go for the 7" CC race can as well,

Paul haven't had time to measure can today, will try tomorrow,

has any one any thoughts on noise level for CC 7" Race can compared to Raceco 7.25 can,

I guess its the normal answer "you gets what you pay for sir so stop being tight" *biggrin*

thanks for help so far

Edited by - tbird on 6 Jun 2009 00:41:17

• 2 weeks later...

yes have got seperate 4 into one cat

Hmmm just looked at powerspeed website, looks Lurvly but two small problems, its a long way to Ashford from the Scottish borders and they look a tad pricey, having just bought a house and had an 80 sq metre garage added for Cat I think I may have to live with CC or raceco for moment, thanks for suggestion though, maybe consider in future, there is also a good exhaust guy in Macclesfield who my brother uses for his GT40 rep and his race SD1 so might have to talk to him.

Tim