Click here if you are having website access problems ×

The CSR290 at The Kit Car Show..........?

Billyboy

Just looking at the pictures of this car many have taken and posted up, I started to wonder what has taken place to UP *arrowup* the hp to 290bhp assuming the sticker isn't just that and the car does have 290bhp

So what would you have to do to squeeze another 30bhp from the cosworth 260 lump and setup.

Or is it likely much of the original setup has been binned and new ecu ++ has been fitted?

Of course I do not know the owner of the car, maybe he/she posts on blatchat? and could tell us *wink*

This maybe more of a chitchat request - Not sure - the response may not be though 😬

Edited by - billyboy on 8 May 2009 10:12:02

Head port

cams

larger valves

remap

At the Stoneleigh show there was a company called Peak performance, they offer a CNC porting service and engine kits to uprate to this power level and all at reasonable costs. the owner took the time to explain the methods used and the performance results.

here are their details

They are the supplier of many leading companies and also the R500 prepared head.

🥰

here is my Duratec R .... C7 TOP

Taffia joint AO with Al

The owner was saying that he'd got Cosworth to do it, since they were building the engine anyway, he just commissioned them to build one in the higher state of tune. He built the car as a kit and made a very nice job. The engine bay layout was just lovely.

Martyn

The engine was 183 with a cat and 187 without so the 190 badge is a little optimistic but I hear the 260 could be too... It's currently off to get an exhaust fitted which according to Cosworth will release a few more horses. I think the exhaust was the only thing to let the car down with the evil Cheeseman mig welding.

Jason

try here some nice looking cars in that album Martyn

heh, glad to be of service *wink*

The VStorm was really quite a surprise - being such a close design to the Atom - but I bet it sounds fantastic with that Subaru boxer engine in it. The three wheeler from Rayvolution was another interesting piece of work, being a GSR-R with half a car instead of the front forks, literally!

Martyn