Click here if you are having website access problems ×

garage door fitment

millsn

Ok - so I didn't fit it - but I can recommend a Hormann sectional door. Never had a sectional before but just had one fitted to my new garage by the joiner who put the roof on. He'd never done one before but he said it was straightforward enough - def want a helper though! he did it in less than a day.

Seems like a quality product. Got it through online www.garagedoorco.co.uk - good service, price & quick delivery. And I am not affiliated!

I had been eyeing up the same product. Look lovely. Just wondered as to the complexity of assembly i.e. my wife might struggle to lift the roller assembly of a sectional door. How much did that weigh?

Edited by - millsn on 4 Apr 2009 19:39:48

Well - having not fitted it myself I can't verify the weight of individual pieces. But certainly my girlfriend couldn't assist with the total box weight. Probably about 50-60 kg I'd imagine. Two guys can move it around ok. But the assembly would not require lifting that amount as it's in component form and gets assembled as it goes up. The guy who fitted it did say the instructions weren't the best, but to be honest they looked pretty comprehensive to me. Lot of pictures rather than words. I complicated it a bit as needed an extra 'fitting kit' cos wanted it to fit between block work rather than on back of blockwork which sems to be the norm. If you went through it on paper first then it's not going to be a problem - much more straightforward than a 7!

• 2 weeks later...

Totally forgot about this til now.

I fitted two last week. First one was total refernce to manual and had it nearly fitted in the day (long tea breaks and 10 am start though), made mistake with electric opener which caused a delay. next day fixed the problem then fitted the other door without referring to the instructions once. Dead easy.

Both Hormann Sectional with Horman promatic openers. Well happy!