Click here if you are having website access problems ×

14" Cycle Wing Fixing Info/Dimensions

Brucey

Hi, *wavey* I'm after the following info:-

Leading edge of wing to centre of fixing holes (55mm?)

End of wing stay to 1st centre first hole (5mm?)

Centre first hole to centre second hole across wing direction(100mm)

Does the inside of the cycle wing normally touch the wing stay ?(this seems the closest to getting the cycle wing central to the tyre)

Do you put foam rubber between the cycle wing and wing stay ?(similar to that used on the clam shell wings).

Any advise appreciated.

Bruce.

Oh, can anyone tell me what size bolts are used? I'm assuming M4. Are rubber washers used between the GRP and bolt head?

I'm still trying to decide whether to use RIF's fixing kit or not. I've just got this thing about seeing things bolted down! (especially if the wings may hit the body on full lock!).

Ta,

Bruce.

Bruce,

As a cheap fix, I used some hose pipe between the wing stay and the GRP. I will use some Big Heads and cable ties next time around as drilling the wings and bolting them on leave them prone to cracking if you over tighten anything. It also looks a lot neater :)

Jon

65mm front edge to centre of top wing stay. The inner side of the wing normally is in contact with the wing stay but double check and see what it looks like with the wheel on.

Rubber washers definitely needed if bolting

RiF Driving one of the first Duratec 7, and building CA07BON for Henrietta 😬 😬 😬.for pictures of 7 and carbon andCA07BON

CC kits supply rubber grommets that you cut in half to use as washers under the head, spreads the load a little bit. Stick some sticky-back foam on top of the stays (like the stuff that goes between the nose and the bonnet). 4mm screws are fine. When drilling, loads of masking tape so that you don't remove too much powdercoating. File plenty off the stay where the indicator earth is going (if you're fitting them) as this is a dodgy connection for me.

I don't know what the distance or spacing is, but CC marked the front holes on my wings for me to drill. You then mark on some tape on the tyre where these holes go, turn the wheel, and mark the rear stays. Bob's your uncle, all the bolts line up and the wing is straight.

I would recommend taking your time on the first one, the second one will be easy once you've dialled it!

Definately download the manual from CC's website. This section was actually quite intuitive *thumbup*

John

Bugsy: '82 2cv6 (Back on the road!!! 😬)

Talloulah: '08 1.6K Classic (Grubby )

Thanks John *thumbup*

LH Wing now drilled and ready to fit (after measuring 4 times and drilling once)!

RH wing won't take as long.

I got most of the fixings from B&Q! which will do until I get stainless ones.

I have to admit, the cycle wings are starting to grow on me!

Bruce.