Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Salvage offer

Tony J

I'll start the bids at £1000.

To me it looks as if it'll need a new chassis, didion comnponents, silencer, wheel(s) and many hours hard work to get it back on the road. It could only be considered to have the value of a constructive write off, as this is what you have done, hence it'll be 20% down on market - Say £8000 as a fully repaired car.

Fat Arn

Visit the K2 RUM siteid=red>

See the Lotus Seven Club 4 Counties Area Website hereid=green>

Ashley is right! the car is located in Spain at the moment.

There is no silencer, wheel or de dion axle damage.

This car only needs a starter chassis kit, front N/S suspension, headlight/indicator unit and a few small parts.

I was trying to find out if it is worth returning the car to the UK to sell as Salvage or to rebuild it myself.

For what it will cost to repair, you will have an "almost" as new condition car.

After reading Arnie's comments I believe the latter choice would probably be the best option for me.

Thanks Arnie

These are component race cars after all wink.gif

Edited by - Tony J on 20 Jun 2002 13:11:52

To re-build would probably be the best plan, plus you'd have the satisfaction of putting right what you had done wrong so to speak. I take it there is absolutely no chance of claiming on the insurance. V.sad to see what was a very nice car now in bits.

Ashley Webster.

1400 Supersport

Dear All

I have today managed to agree a payout with my insurance company biggrin.gifI also get to keep the salvage, given the location of the vehicle I have decided to use the funds to rebuild the car to it's former glory.

Thanks everyone for your offers and advise.

Tony J