Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Exhaust Packing

Steve T

Does anyone have a small qty of exhaust wadding, the same type that Dave at Powerspeed supplies would be preferable, mine was getting a bit noisy so i opened up the can and found it was quite good so all I did was ram it down a bit and compress it, now I have about 1/3 of the can empty. I just need enough to fill it up to tide me over the winter after which i will do a full repack before next years track days begin.

Small donation available !

Steve

Now with DVA Power! 191bhp and 150.9 lbft torque.

My Pictures

Steve,

I get all mine from a company in Salisbury called MANIFLOW. They sell the stainless wire for first wind then the blanket for second (to stop wadding just blowing out) and then the feathery stuff for filling, which is what i guess you need. Last time I went they gave me enough for two fills for £20 *smile*. Sadly I have only a little left which you are welcome to...I do live Devizes area though

Charlie

Steve

I have no idea what Powerspeed use but I am over in Wimborne and have a huge roll of basalt fibre which I bought a few years back for repacking my exhaust and you are welcome to a big handful of that - I am sure it will more than tide you over. It works fine, and I got this for next to nothing - unlike some of the prices being charged by others for basically the same stuff. Email me if you want to pop over as I am around all week.

Dave

*thumbup*Milner Off Road *thumbup*. www.milneroffroad.com. It used to be on their website but that's been updated and I couldn't find it the past time I looked so you may have to ring them. The last time I bought some it was £3.00 for a 600gm bag. About 5 or 6 needed for a complete re-stuff.

Edited to say, have you tried Powerspeed. They're such nice guys I'm sure they'd send you some.

Edited by - Paul Deslandes on 20 Oct 2008 09:40:45

I had to go to Cornwall once and had no E-Glass in stock so put some Rockwool in my silencer. By the time I got to Cornwall the Rockwool had turned into what looked like glass beads. Luckily I managed to get some E-glass from a motorcycle shop.

With our silencers we worked our way through 3 different types of E-Glass and settled, not surprisingly, for the one that has the highest temperature rating of 600 degrees C. More expensive but means it puts up with higher output engines that turn high rpm a bit better.

Ammo

Raceco.com