Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Calling all new Duratec R500 owners

Pendennis

I was looking at the new Raceline bellhousing draughts on Friday. It's certainly a good inch shallower than the previous Titan/CC/Raceline bellhousing and is designed to line up with the bottom of the Raceline dry sump.

The bellhousing has ribs at the rear which can be machined off to fit the Raceline car, which has a chassis crossmember at this point. It can also be machined out to allow retrofitting of such a chassis member to the seven. (there used to be a chassis member with a U cut into it for bellhousings a while back apparently)

Casting of the new bellhousing at Titan is starting this week, as is delivery of the dry sump pans I'm led to believe.

The current Titan/CC bellhousing has a slab at the back which can be machined down if necessary, to make identical to the current Raceline one, which sits further back in the chassis (Raceline engine mounts and first motion shaft trimming required). If this part isn't machined off, it's a CC fit - it uses the CC engine mounts. I guess the new, shallow Raceline bellhousing will follow the same form - a full length CC version which can be machined to sit the engine back, Raceline-stylee.

NB, I *think* the shallow bellhousing requires the new, smaller Raceline flywheel but I'm not 100% sure on this.

Hope this helps *smile*

Darren E

K80RUM Website and Emerald maps library

Superlight R #54

Edited by - k80rum on 27 Sep 2008 21:21:18

Thanks Darren *wink*

I think your spot on regarding the flywheel issue, which incidently means a new starter motor *mad*

Engine further back *rolleyes*

That starts another thread one thinks 😬

18th century Farmhouse in Rural Somerset to let

Edited by - Pendennis on 27 Sep 2008 21:33:11