Click here if you are having website access problems ×

MBE ECU Help Needed!

SmokinGreen

Hi All,

I've been tearing my hair out trying to get my R300 to start, but to no avail (see 'Fuel injectors not injesting' for more info). Would any experts in the North Hants/South Berks area have an evening to spare to see what the issue is? Failing that anyone know if SBD or similar would do call-outs? Don't have a trailer so not got too many options...

Jason,

Thanks. I'm blushing!

SmokinGreen

Would there be any chance you have swapped the wires for the CPS? I'm not sure but I would suspect the ECU could get upset if the signal is the wring phase.

Just a thought....

/regin

You don't get a signal for them at all. They are marked with a little + that will be the terminal that is connected to the MFRU - but I'd be surprised if it made any difference unless there of course is a diode inside that would blow the ECU - can't think so but will test in the next 5 mins and get back. (Of course I also have injectors in my sleeping room 😳 )

Have you found a way to get access to the ECU with Easimap?

I would really like to know what the signals from the sensors are.

Unfortunately I'll be extremely busy at work from Saturday and the next ten days. Otherwise I'd be on a plane.

Would you be able to play Friday if I can get a flight?

Mark,

SG has one of my (verified) cables, but his laptop has no serial port.

We've tested the output from the throttle pot and both this and the crank position senders wires are ok. This ought to be enough to at least make the engine cough.

I've just checked flights - it ought to be possible.

Smoking Green - Would you like me to come over Friday? Needless to say it'll be at my expense; not your fault I'm in the wrong country; would just like to be picked up at Heathrow at 8:30am and back at 5pm if possible...

Hi Guys,

I'm AMAZED at the amount of help on offer - big thank you all (specially RJ). I've managed to get the Friday off work, so if you're still willing I'd love some help! I can do the Heathrow taxi runs as it seems I'm contributing very little compared to you guys. 😳 Just let me know the terminal & flight number, and I'll buzz Mark my address etc...

Flight booked 😳

SK501 - Scandinavian Airlines which will be terminal 3 at 8:30

Homebound SK1516 at 6pm - but I can check in online in advance which means I can more or less run through. The tickets are full flexible so if anything goes wrong it's possible to choose another flight.

/regin