Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Harewood - turned out nice again!

Andrew Willoughby

Just got back from a great day at Harewood. The scenery, weather and the adrenaline rush of going through Farm then up the hill towards Quarry made it perfect.

Although I didn't make any impression on the Class 1 leader-board I was pleased that all of my runs were a bit better than the one before - I now desperately need the help of the Harewood Driving School!

Well done to the Class 1 gang - yet another excellent day of rivalry and banter.

See you at Curborough.

Andrew

Fantastic first event for me (and Vix in Support/Photographer role *wavey*). Many thanks to all for help, advice and just being so friendly. Brisk course walk was well worth it. Ta Richard *wink*

Blatmail me a real Email address and your competitor number and I'm sure between Vix, Phil, Andy, Jon and myself will have few good photo's. Already know have all three excursions (and a nearly) of a certain car captured in still or video *tongue*

We'll get the best online in due course (after sleep )

Awesome day *wavey*

I must remember that I'm in public

Whole heartedly agree, good competition across all the classes, 3 runs for our money was a nice bonus and thankfully third gear had only been hiding and eventually was allowed out to play for the last 2 runs.

For the second week running got to within 5 miles of home before the heavens opened and car got soaked, hope it was better for the seemingly increasing number of 'real' seven owners who drive to and from the events.

Guess it all starts again at Curborough see you there

Another great event at scenic Harewood *smile*

Despite Michael's excursions to the grass and gravel, and my failure to drive fast enough we had a great day, with much fun and banter in the paddock as always 😬

Drowned Rat Racing lived up to its name with us and the Elwells getting a soaking on the way home. It started throwing it down just north of the Watford Gap and didn't stop all the way home ☹️ If only we had stopped at Trowell services to put the helmets on *tongue*

See you all at Curborough *wavey*

Tam

Drowned Rat Racing

Hi David

Any video would be more than welcome for the end of year DVD I do.

Could you edit/clip it as you see fit and send it to me as avi or mpeg files please.

No need to merge the files clips will be great. OH yeah thats of everyone not just me.

If you have any of me that would be good to. Car 47.

simon.rogers@lotus7club.com

ta 😶‍🌫️

• Support Team

As we were packing up to leave, one of the motorbike riders came over to talk to us. He asked whether we were driving back to Slough in our car. When we said yes he said that he really admired people who drive to events just like he used to (he was certainly a good few years older than us *wink*) and that we would be suprised at how much respect others had for us doing that. That really made my day!

The rain on the way home was pretty grim but didn't dampen our enjoyment of the day. See you all at Curborough.

Yellow SL *cool* #32 - member of Drowned Rat Racing

I had a fantastic time at Harewood, still full of beans (vroom vroom). Many thanks to Mrs Sargeant for being such a fun sparring partner *thumbup*

Can we get extra points too for driving our 7 and sleeping on damp sleeping bags from getting rained on on the way up *thumbdown*?

Raring to go...see you at Curbrough!

TP *wavey*

Another great day in Class1. Top draw fun and competition, and could the banter be any better – if it was a handicapped class v class event we’d be right up there I’m sure. Congratulations to David Lynch for posting some excellent times for a first competition and to Malcolm for a deserved first place. Naturally, if I’d had another run I would have beaten you (copied and pasted from the last time 😬).

P.S. Malcolm - Michelle wants to know if you are happy to ruin our wedding anniversary (24th August - Curborough) as well as my birthday (3rd August - Harewood). Who needs a close ratio gearbox when you’ve got a sequential guilt-trip *wink*.

Another great day out at Harewood. Congratulations the rest of Class 1on some great times, I'm still at a loss to explain where my pace went, I had more grip last year on my CR322's than on the A539's this year *confused*

Well done to David Lynch on a great debut and to my co-driver Kristy for knocking a whopping 4 seconds off her PB *thumbup*

See you at Curborough.

Thanks Jon *thumbup*

That missed gear shift on your 3rd timed run cost you dear, as I took a quick look at your sector times and up until then you'd made up about 0.8 sec, so you would have either bettered my time or certainly been very close!

Michelle wants to know if you are happy to ruin our wedding anniversary (24th August - Curborough) as well as my birthday (3rd August - Harewood). Who needs a close ratio gearbox

Yes......

I didn't know it was your 50th......

Close ratio? 2.66 (3.36) 1.75 (1.81) 1.26 (1.26) 1.0 (1.0) 0.84 (0.83) Just a long first really!

A great days sport, and nice to see David's times in another 1400 *thumbup*

Malcolm

Harewood was good but having seen the in car footage of my driving school day,does explain my mediocre times.It was interesting to be amongst you class 1 chaps and particularly malcolm teaspooning petrol in for the last run of the day !!

Im off to get some new deeeeedionneers and kumhos,and as it stands may well be in yet another class for curborough.Is there an award for most visited classes in a season?Probably the quickest way to get to chat to most of the seveners.

As Malcolm walked and talked us through the lines at Curborough at the introduction day i'll be following him on the course walk.

Curborough awaits

Steve

...patiently waiting for results to be posted as didn't compare my times with anyone else Anyone got provisionals noted for Class One ?

Would like to have broken the 70 second barrier. Next year (after a bit of instruction me thinks *wink*).

Still Buzzing 😬

I must remember that I'm in public

Cracking day, cracking course, just wish I'd been able to stay on the tarmac a bit more. Definitely one to return to.

Well done Malcolm, stonking drive, we are all still working out how you were quicker this year than last year having lost 400cc in the meantime.

Felt very envious of the Drowned Rat Racers on the way home as they passed me in the fast lane while I sat behind yet another muppet who felt they owned the middle lane (felt better as soon as the rain started ) 😬

Jon -brave man sprinting on your wedding anniversary, I don't think my wife would feel a class win made up for it *smile*

See you at Curborough *wavey*

R287 Mobile Jaffa Cake- It's black at both ends with a smashing orangey bit in the middle here