Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Rear light blocks

kenny.

Previous owner fitted some different roundish lights as opposed to the originals.

I want to change back and before I send my 40 odd quid off to Caterham am I likely to source these cheaper from other outlets?......i.e. are they a commonly used unit on other applications.

A search of old threads suggested they were fitted to caravans.

45 quid is not the end of the world but it would be daft to pay over the odds for a standard cheap part.

Anyone know of an alternative supplier? or anyone have a spare used set?

Thanks all,

Kenny

• Area Representative

We are all prone to assume, perhaps unfairly, that parts must be available more cheaply than from Caterham. I bought a pair of rear lights last year from Caterham Parts and they were £18 each complete with mounting blocks. That may seem like a lot for a basic and crudely made component but the typical price elsewhere was £25 each and some places were charging extra for the mounting blocks.

Crudders

Crudders said

We are all prone to assume, perhaps unfairly, that parts must be available more cheaply than from Caterham

Quite right. I needed an adhesive mirror mounting pad in a hurry. Halfords £5

Caterham Parts £0.99 !!!

Alan

Teenage dreams, so hard to beat.

Thanks for the info guys. Alba, the units in your link (9060 britax) looks perfect but I don't think they come with the rubber block do they?.

My local caravan shop visit drew a blank too.

Looks like CC may well be the cheapest/easiest solution after all.

Thanks,

Kenny

Kenny, suspect there must be loads of rubber blocks in peoples garages, following upgrades to metal and them carbon.

I am sure there must be someone out there who would be happy to pop some in the post *smile*and release some space on the garage shelf

Kenny, I have just replaced my light blocks with the ubiquitous RIF carbon items, and you are more than welcome to my old rubber units for the price of the postage and a couple of quid to NTL.

Cheers, Les.

Sorry guys, only just seen the last 2 replies, Thanks Les, Thanks Martin.

Phoned a couple of places and the complete units are readily available or you can just buy the lens.

In reality it would be daft of me to put you lads through the hassle for the blocks.............ie, if I took the blocks off you and bought the lens's I'd still need the bulb holder/backplate, so I may as well just buy the complete units.

Many thanks though...........appreciated *thumbup*

Regards

Kenny