Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Race Suit / Boots

Steve Day

HI - Couple of bits of racewear in my wardrobe

Incredible Shrinking Racesuit – well, it shrank in my wardrobe I am sure…

Sparco Sprint – Blue, size 56 - Good condition, if a little small (for me).

I’m not sure if it’s still current for racing but it's probably OK for club sprints / trackdays.

£50.00

Sparco Race Boots – Size 9 / 43 – Blue Suede, Brand new, never used, in the box…that’s definitely one for the money! oh well a well a… How much? - £25.00 *cool*

(The prices exclude P&P)

cheers Steve

M - 07836 384473

Interested in both suit and boots.

Can you tell me what "Size 56" is in terms of Med/Large/ X-large? Alternatively, what waist-size, height, etc were you when it fitted?

What style are the boots? High, low? If you can tell me which model-name, I'll look them up on Sparco website.

Cheers

Peter Burt

Hi Dave

The latter...albeit a slightly broader one 😳

...no matter how much I breathe in I just can't get the size 56 on...I bought the boots on a whim and have just kept wearing my old ones...and now have another new pair (that I'm not wearing yet either!) *wink*

I'm not in the se7en now...she has a shiny new owner...I am competing in a 2-litre single seater (being hoisted in by crane! *tongue* )

Steve

The boots are unfortunately definitely one size too small, so over to you, Phil, on those.

The suit may also be too small. According to the DT website sizing chart, a size 56 suit fits up to 181cm (5' 11") tall, 108cm (42.5") chest, 108cm (42.5") hips, and 84kgs (13st 3lbs) weight. I'm 41.5" chest, 42" hips - OK so far - but just over 6foot tall, and - here's the potential killer! - 14 st.

How do these compare with your measurements that now don't fit? I guess the height and weight are the main things.

Peter Burt

Hi Mark

I bought it at end of 1999. I think it may still be valid but don't have a Blue Book nearby to tell. The code on the collar is:

FIA Norme 1986 / 1986 Standard 05.201.CSAI.94

Hope that this helps?

cheers Steve

if it's not sold, might be interested, if i can fit into it.spoke to Powder Puff he tells me your quite local to me, so could i try it on first.

i'm 5,8ish and just over 13-3 honest. i'm a little over 42 chest, so i think if i could try if first then "bobs your uncle"

Duratec is the way forward!!