Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Minno brake lining price shock

Martin S.

£115 + VAT for an axle set from Brian james and £112 inc VAT from a local trailer centre *eek* 😔. Anyone know where I can get the existing ones re-lined in the North West

Class 4 Zetec *cool*....nearly there *smile*

Edited by - martin s. on 31 Mar 2008 09:34:21

The brakes on a Minno use brake shoes hence Martin's surprise at the price he was being quoted. I had a set changed last year as the lining material was starting to come away from the shoes. I do a fair number of miles each year with the trailer so I choose to get it serviced every spring given the combined value of 7, shuttle and tow car.

Mark D

Comp Sec *cool*

Ok, so to get the hubs off to look at the shoes, is it the normal process of winding off the adjusters and knocking the drums off?

Drove a few miles last year with the hand brake not fully off 😳 So the drums were a little hot, so I put on my list of jobs to check the shoes before I start tracking again this year.

The drum is not held on by the wheel nuts at all, infact you can remove the hub with the wheel still attached ( if it slides past the mud guard) by just removing the dust cap, split pin and nut.

J

Currently, I am qualified to plead ignorance.

Mark,

I would be interested in knowing where you got your linings from as my brakes had seized up over winter so the auto reverse locked on and its now ripped several linings from their shoes trying to free off the brakes.

I thought I would be looking at about £20 a pair.

BJT prices seem a rip off!!

Tony

Tony

L7 EVL *evil*

Edited by - Tony7 on 1 Apr 2008 08:11:46

The shoes Mark had fitted sound like a bargain as the cheepest I could find for supply only were £79 inc VAT from Trailertek here for one axle set.

Got my relined ones back from here and fitted them last night at a cost of £39 inc VAT per axle. They shot blasted and painted the carriers and heat bonded 4.5mm thick linings on to them. Spent 1/2hr sweating trying to get the drums on one axle before realising the cable needed backing off *rolleyes*.

For info the shoes fitted to my Minno are Knott 160x35 (160 long x 35 wide lining).

Edited by - Martin S. on 3 Apr 2008 08:27:04