Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Silicone hoses for VX Inj? - New Question!

Lotus Boy

Noticed a couple of my hoses are showing signs of cracking at the ends by the jubilee clips.

I'm sure it's nothing too serious at this stage but it's an excuse to upgrade and buy shiny new stuff for the car, so...

My HPC is the injection model and speaking to CC they don't do a kit for the VX Inj though I can buy a couple of hoses common to the carb model separately and the guy I spoke to reckons the other pipes are made up of modified pipes from x-flow models, can anyone confirm this and is it easy to do?

Also I notice that Samco have a set specifically for the inj model comprising of 4 hoses at £122 *eek* - has anyone used this set and are they correct for the car?

Cheers

Dave

Edited by - Lotus Boy on 17 Mar 2008 19:27:40

• 1 month later...

Bob - Just as I thought. A letter to Samco to alert them of their error is in order I think!

Aves - First off I had better state that the J-pipe is red rather than the standard blue. I had the set specially made as such.

Was going to get some sort of refund but if you still want it then I am sure I will be happy to sell to you if surplus to my requirements and agreeing a price. I'll come back to you.

Cheers

Dave