Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Impact Wrench

old captain slow

If its an air one then the closest to the design limit of your compressor in terms of cfm. If its a battery one then 18 or 24 volt is fine. I have a 12 volt Snap-on and while it does just about does for the Seven its not up to the nuts on the tin top, but my other 18v 'bulk buy' one is fine for that. Prefer the snap-on though as its very well made *thumbup*

Edited by - Graham Perry on 29 Jan 2008 20:33:33

IMHO one of the most important things that separates the el-cheapo electirc wrenches from the decent ones is the quality of the battery charger. Most don't conform with the charging specification that the nicad manufacturer stipulates, usually panasonic/ sanyo.

Cheap chargers usually run a constant current with no end-of-charge detection, meaning that unless you manually take them off charge they slowly overcharge the cells, losing electrolyte, until the poor things are conmpletely knackered.

A quality brand is less likely to have a cr4p charger, and the charger that came with the bulk buy wrench is an exception in that it is both cheap and well-designed.

Pretty much all of these (typcally 18v) tools use low capacity 1200 mAh cells, so unless you upgrade the battery pack the performance won't be up to commercial standards - infrequent low-duty use will be fine.

Graham, *arrowup* *arrowup* *arrowup* *arrowup* *arrowup* if you want the capacity of your 12v snap-on upgraded, give me a shout.

Martin

supersported ex-Roadsports B