Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Anyone connected a sigma 150 MBE ECU to laptop?

The Pikey

I have bought a kit to connect my MEB 967 ECU on my sigma 150 to a laptop.Firstly, have I the right kit for the job? Is the Caterham ECU a 967? Assuming I have then heres the problem.The instructions tell you which pins on the ECU to connect the lead to and says use pins 5, 32, 14, 22, 23, 1 and 26 these do not seem to be the ones used on the Caterham plug under the dash, these go to pins 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10. There seems to have been a big change in what pin does what. Can anybody help?

Jason

Currently, I am qualified to plead ignorance.

CA08 TRM

Edited by - jason fletcher on 11 Dec 2007 23:24:22

Hi,

I asked MBE/sbdev.com(?) about this and the ECU in the Sigma is very similar to the 992 that they do and uses the CAN bus (car diagnostics plug) for connection. I think that the 967 uses a standard serial bus so the two are incompatible.

Ivan

Jason - I would be interested to hear how you get on aswell.

Shiminky - I had the same with my car *mad* and all they will check is the engine number and chassis number *confused* Mine didn't match the cirtificate of newness either *mad*worth checking I should have *redface* Have fun when the cars up and runing.

Its finally finished :-) 3500 miles completed. Back at CC now :-(

I'll let you guys know how I get on but I have a sneaky feeling that all I will be able to do is look whats going on because I belive its locked out and the codes floating about won't work on the later stuff.

I best check my engine and chassis numbers before I take mine to SVA *rolleyes*

Thanks

Jason

CA08 TRM

Shminky - Well . . . Caterham are saying I've over revved 1100 past rev limiter and thats what has caused the cam belt to break *confused* ☹️

Don't want to worry 150 owners, hopefully its just me being an animal. and not knowing the fine limits of the car - seams like a small margin for error. If only I'd had a handbook so I knew where the limit was ☹️ Does this sound like an over rev that would break the cam belt?

Jason - Would be VERY interested to find out what the ECU tells you about the settings.

Its finally finished :-) 3500 miles completed. Back at CC now :-(

The Boy

In living up to my signature at the bottom of the page, how do you over rev the engine if it has a rev limiter? Is there not a soft and hard limiter?

What damage did it cause? Does a belt snapping bent the valve stems on the sigma?

J

CA08 TRM

Edited by - Jason Fletcher on 12 Dec 2007 22:54:41

piston speed...... think of it like this.. try down changing from 4th to 2nd at 7000... the rev limiter does not restrict the huge increase in change in piston speed under such conditions... It is instances such as these,or missed gear changes that do most damage rather than up changes.

PS >>>> DON'T TRY DOWN CHANGING .. DON'T DO THIS AT HOME KIDS 😬

BUSA POWWWER

Tried the cans connector tonight and CC will be pleased to know it dont work.. Although everything is working correctly and laptop can see the connector it can not detect the ECU. I wasn't really bothered about changing things but it would have been nice to see the settings cos I would find them interesting. I am sure that someone more computer literate than me will sort the thing out.

Jason

CA08 TRM