Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Bright orange paint - what's the colour?

lancelot

Chaps,

I've seen various orange cars in Low Flying and have decided it's the colour i'm wanting. It's a metallic, but maybe one of the special ones like 'candy' or 'pearl?'

I think it might be Ford Focus or a Lamborghini colour?

Can anybody shed any light?

Also, i'm going for carbon cycle wings and aerosreen, so if anybody has any links to decent pics of this colour combo I would be grateful.

Cheers

Edited by - lancelot on 28 Nov 2007 22:06:16

My car has a ground coat of ASBO Orange (Ford Electric Orange a la ST) with a top coat of Lambo pearlescent orange. Works fantastically in bright sunlight and stays orange (rather than brown) in low light *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup*.

*arrowright* *arrowright*Harry Flatters *arrowright* *arrowright* *thumbup*

AKA Steve Mell - Surrey AR and Su77on Se7ener

• Area Representative

The slightly coppery Lambo pearlescent orange as seen on R300 KAT (which seems to be in just about every issue of LF *rolleyes* *tongue*) and many others is currently featured on Caterham's home page here. Is that the one you're after?

Crudders

The Focus with the 5 cil. turbo has an really bright orange only done for this model, the Ford dealer must have the code for it.
This is "Ford Electric Orange". Tony at TSK will have the code.

Just one word on this colour. It looks the nuts on the Focus ST with all its sharp edges and changes in light direction. However, on Caterham panels that are all roundy or flat the colour just does not 'work' quite as well. This is why we used it as a ground coat on my car and layed Lambo pearl orange on top which then make it really 'work' in all sorts of lighting conditions.

*arrowright* *arrowright*Harry Flatters *arrowright* *arrowright* *thumbup*

AKA Steve Mell - Surrey AR and Su77on Se7ener

I had a close look at Lotus Chrome Orange as a swatch in a pro paint supply place a few weeks back in comparison with the Lamborghini orange, and frankly I couldn't see ANY difference at all!

Very strange, unless they were both bought in from some central source by the two companies and renamed.

Harryflatters paint may look different as he used an orange undercoat, I don't know as I've not seen it, but in good light, those two colour swatches were 100% identical.

Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds..ooooh hooo hooo!!...

😬 😬Abbey Road Time-Machine *eek* *eek*

Edited by - Unclefester on 30 Nov 2007 22:25:54

Course I remember! 'Twas a wonderful breakfast we had with Norm before you got into the stands and I was booted out unceremoniously!

But I can't say I had a chance to compare the colour back to back with the Chrome Orange from Lotus. Also, IIRC, your car was under a cover? *tongue*

Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds..ooooh hooo hooo!!...

😬 😬Abbey Road Time-Machine *eek* *eek*

I've just seen the Ford Electric orange an a bike's fuel tank at work, it's really bright orange and not to bad on the curves for color changes.

But if you want the brightest orange you should go for the SEM color range,like used on motorbikes unfortunantly they are not waterbased.

If u use a waterbased ground layer it's possible the system is just on the legal side 😬