Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Brooklands Screens

old captain slow

• Area Representative

Hi David,

There are two different types of band that fit in in place of the standard windscreen but both use the same holes to bolt to scuttle. One band sits exactly in the same place as the windscreen and allows the wiper spindles to stay in place (without the wipers!). The other band is forward sloping and when placed on the scuttle, it covers the wiper spindle holes and the hole where the washer jet comes through. Needless to say this means the wiper spindles need to be dropped under the scuttle (30 second job) and the wiper jet removed (fiddly couple of mins job). The forward sloping set are excellent if the car is mainly to be left aeroscreened whereas the other set are the ones for ver quick changeovers. There is no difference otherwise in use...

HTH

Nick

PS Hope Will got the car sorted fairly quickly after Croix?

Seeing if a BEC is the way to go....

Cheers. I have permission to buy self a present you see. 😬

Nick - yes we got his car running for Cadwell the week after Croix (new front RH suspension and radiator). The carbon bits took about a fortnight. Redline in Caterham fettled it in time for Cadwell. They bent over backwards actually. *thumbup*

C7 CDW

Slightly OT - I have just received my Stanchion and screens from Caterham and was going to fit them today.

Are the 4 tiny little screws really enough to hold the screens in place? I wouldn't want one hitting me (or a passenger) in the face at full chat!

Edited by - Paul White on 20 May 2007 09:59:05

Don't know about the 4 little screws, didn't get any when I bought my screens 7 years ago *cool* I purhased some cap head bolts and nuts, and countersunk them from underneath the stanchion to fix the screens and mirrors etc.