Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Cadwell today?

Richard Price

Jeff

Max speed @ MIRA was 106.4mph last year

That's the same gearing as me, with ACB's it's 16.54 mph / 1000 rpm. The kumho's are probably a touch smaller in diameter so call it 16 mph / 1000 rpm. At 7,600 rpm thats a top speed of 121.6mph (Mark's on the money). A top speed of 105 mph would mean max revs of 6,560 does it realy rev that low 🤔

Adrian

Edited by - Adrian Williams on 19 Apr 2007 16:10:00

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark and Adrian, Thanks for your input *thumbup*

I "think" the max revs for my 1800 140 X Power are 6800 which would give a maximum speed of 108.8mph *confused*

This has all got me thinking of a few possibilities like have I really got a 3.92 diff? Will do some checking tonight and come up with some definate figures and if anything doesnt add up Ill be gratefull for any other ideas *thumbup* (will move it to the techforum) mmm wonder if it is possible to remap the ecu to allow higher revs safely 🤔

Jeff

jeff.....Sounds like you do have a 3.92 diff......A 4.1 is rather a rare beast!!

Hmmm....do they really only rev to 6800??? Standard MEM's allows non s/s cars to rev to 7 I think! And....as far as I know....you cannot reprogramme the standard ECU...unless you happen to know a development engineer from Rover who may have this capability!

Dannyboy *tongue*

Jeff

Rather than guessing the size of the Kumho I've looked it up and it works out at 16.12 mph/1000 rpm. So with a rev limit of 6800 you get a maximum of 109.6 mph which might not hinder you too badly.

The only venues left where you'll need 6th gear are:

Aintree - no data but expect circa 112 mph

Pembrey 1 - 111mph

I don't know anythging about Hethel.

Adrian

don't tell TM about the remap, otherwise you will be off to class 4.

Rob is right. Beware, or you will find yourself out in the twilight zone just like me *cry*

Nice pics Jeff but I must point out that the Saga Sevener who appears to be having his afternoon nap is really plotting his next run - honest!

Paul F

Edited by - 4* on 19 Apr 2007 23:27:32

I have just had a text from TM and thought I would reply to this.

Jeff the x power max revs is 6800 so your top speed will be reduced compared with my 1.8 SS. The x power does have more torque lower down than my SS. Not sure of the best solution for you. CC might be able to do a SS conversion but it seams a lot of expence, changing you diff might be an option.

David