Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Xflow clutch parts

alextangent

Annuder question...

I'm changing the gearbox (4 speed) on a 93 1700 supersprint, I suppose I'd be well advised to replace the 22000 mile clutch.

Part nos on another thread indicate QH parts QKT152AF as a set, but the QH manuals say this is for a Cortina/Sierra? Can any xflowers confirm? And should I buy from CC, Burton, somewhere else or just my local Unipart place?

Ta muchly *thumbup*

Alex McDonald

A loud 1700 SS

Alex,

Not sure what the real answer is, but when I replaced the clutch on my 5-speed x/flow in March 2006I went to Caterham and they will only supply you wuth the AP clutch now, which I understand is a universal part for all Caterhams. Part no 72604KIT cost £150 + VAT

Chris Alston

C7CAT 1800 Supersprint

Drive it like you stole it! *eek* but don't tell my pupils that 😳

Like Chris, I got my new clutch from Caterham at Millwards. They only do the AP clutch. When the engine was out (thanks to Mark and Angus) we found that the new one was smaller in diameter that the old one. Fortunately, the old one was OK and didn't need replacing and I got a refund on the new one. The new one would have fitted but it would have meant moving the locating spigots on the flywheel and I have no idea if this is easily done.

Hi Alex

Firstly from the other thread, the prop is 650mm from weld centre to weld centre on the tube and 890mm overall across flange and spline slider.

Cutch wise, the plate is easy, 190mm with 7/8 inch, 20 spline, which in the Burton catalogue is part no CP2257-1, which I'm 99% sure is the same as your QH part, although I recently had a problem with a QH plate and have gone over to an AP plate,IE the Burton one. You should get the AP plate a bit cheaper from Questmead.

This plate is not the same as the one for the 5 or 6 speed from caterham as this is a 1 inch, 23 spline.

Unfortuneatly the cover is a bit different, there is a choice of two, they should be age related but I've seen both fitted to caterhams regardless of age, either CP3764-4 (straight finger) or CP3748-6 (curly finger), but if when it comes out the fingers aren't bent or the surface overly scored I would re use the cover even if you change the plate. It's probably worth changing the release bearing but which one depends on what cover you have, straight or Curly finger.

Cheers

Chris