Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Are R400 aces shift lights setting adjustable?

DSL

As per the title, new engine being dyno'd this week & expecting peek power to arrive somewhat higher that the R400 motor it replaces. So can you user adjust the rpm flash settings or does it have to go away to be reprogrammed 🤔

R300/400 are supplied by CC preset

3500 green goes out

4500 first light on

then progressively more lights

Strobes at 7600.

Aces can sell you the programmable two button control box as mentioned in post above. You can keep the same dashtop light display (it's the same).

6SpeedManual *smokin*

*tongue*There's no such thing as too much BHP per Ton 😬

I did tell you the R400 one wasn't programmable at the top of this thread (and yes it's independent of the stack), after all I did build my R400 so you would assume I know what I'm talking about ffs *confused*

R400 Duratec Build and Modification Pictures

here

Hmm, but are you sure Mike 🤔 😬

I printed out last night the sequence in which you can change the silver box (Sureshift SB) programming using the button on the dash. 🤔 from the Aces website.

It did seem complicated though so it might be easier to send it back *idea*

Or upgrade to the Sureshift 2, in a similar dilemna myself

Martin

No I'm not sure cos' I've never seen the standard sureshift - I'm making it up as i go along *wink*

having said that the buttons on your dash aren't even connected to the shift lights so it's unlikely (but not impossible?) that that will work 😬

R400 Duratec Build and Modification Pictures

here

Mike

One button controls the brightness on mine, and apparently controls the programming, look at the Aces pdf instructions http://www.aceserve.co.uk/new04/pdfs/sssbug1ad.pdf

It does seem quite complicated but mine don't seem to be working after being disconnected all winter and I thought I would give it a go after checking the wiring again.

Cheers

Martin