Click here if you are having website access problems ×

FITTING FIA BAR

MarcNS

I have just picked up the bar and I am trying to fit it.

It is very tight and whilst I have the legs (?) bolted the main bar wil not sit on the

bolt holes on each side. Should I force a bolt in and it may sit correctly or drill out a little of the flange(?) so that it slots home better *confused* *confused*

Cup of tea I think and I will wait for the answer.

The CarThe Club Built

Vvvrrrooomm

Mine was incredibly tight as well.........which may be why I'm having problems with the half hood....see other thread. From memory I bolted it to the top of the suspension turret first.......not completely to allow some movement, then pushed on the stays while someone inserted a bolt.

Simon Bell - Caterham 7 Duratec R

I`ve seen the future.....and it`s powered by duratec Check out the website here

Did mine today, needed a neighbour.

Put the stays on first. The OS turret was then able to be pushed forward while we put the bolts in, but the NS would not go. We ended up putting a large length of wood between the diagonal and the loop, and levering it forward so that the bolts would go in. The main bolt was very tight, so we had to lever up the base with a screwdriver, while levering the loop forward.

Took both of us 45 mins, and neither of us are weak! On your own, forget it!

Ahhh, you guys make me feel great! 😬 I fitted my Arch FIA SV bar in what, an hour? My biggest problem was the leftmost eyelet for the passenger FIA harness....the diagonal is so low, you have to put this one through the cover and the footplate FIRST, then lowere the thing evenly down front and rear, otherwise yo'll never get the threads to line up on the eyelet.

Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds..ooooh hooo hooo!!...

😬 😬Abbey Road Time-Machine *eek* *eek*

I have a plan *idea* for next weekend now

I can fasten down three bits then I will jack the car up to get enough flex in the chassis to gain the 3mm (my brother said he did this to put a strut brace on once).

Nearly there all bolts are in but the o.side turret is not as flush as the other side and is not seated.

As this needs to be safe I guess I need to take the bolt out and lever it some more to get it to sit properly *confused*