Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Reverse Light Switch Connector

Harry Flatters

As part of my rebuild I had to get a new reverse light switch. The connectors on this have changed from the type that was fitted to my car before and are now two male bullet connectors. Due to the clearance (or lack of it) I don't think I can just use standard female bullet connectors as they will foul the tunnel wall. I assume the current wiring loom has some kind of purpose made plug to fit the two bullet terminals. Does anyone know where I can get such a plug? CC don't sell them as they come as part of the loom.

Here's hoping.... *thumbup*

*arrowright* *arrowright*Harry Flatters *arrowright* *arrowright* *thumbup*

AKA Steve Mell - Surrey AO and Su77on Se7ener

I've just removed mine and there is a hole on the tunnel - essential access to remove/fit the switch and access for the right angled femal bullet connecters.

BRG Brooklands SV 😬 It seems that perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing more to take away. (Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

So we have established that they are right-angled female bullet connectors *thumbup*. I do have an access hole in my tunnel side *thumbup*. All I need to know now is where I can get right-angled bullet connectors *wink*.

Norm, is your one like a durable-dot press stud, in which case it's the old type I'm afraid and thus not suitable?

*arrowright* *arrowright*Harry Flatters *arrowright* *arrowright* *thumbup*

AKA Steve Mell - Surrey AO and Su77on Se7ener

Edited by - Harry Flatters on 30 Dec 2006 18:33:48

Top of page 15 in online catalogue, can be seen together with insulating cover in top r/h picture on same page.

Edited to say - Neil also does some very useful assorted packs that can be found later in the catalogue, around page 40 onwards I think. I have no connection with this company other than as a satisfied customer.

Mike.

Edited by - metal mickey on 30 Dec 2006 20:40:14

I think we've got our wires crossed(excuse the pun). My original press stud type reversing light switch went faulty and I replaced it with one that has spade terminals hence my use of this type of connector. Sorry if I have mislead your search. If you are trying to connect to the male part of a bullet connector then I have in the past soldered small extension leads to the terminals,covered with shrinkwrap and routed them to a more convinient position then fitted connectors as neccessary to the main loom. Sounds excessive but if you remove the switch it can all be done on the bench.

Steve,

I had exactly the same problem as you. The only solution, is to solder a pair of cables to the bullet terminals, and then fit bullet connectors to the flying leads. You'll need to connect one cable to the original single cable you had from the loom, and the other will need to go to earth. There is not enough clearance to use bullet connectors on the new switch! I would be interested to know how CC do on new cars though.

Oz.

Still Shaking

6 speed 1600k Supersport