Click here if you are having website access problems ×

WOW - It’s that hot my mirrors have inverted

Mike Scott

Hi Guys, I don’t know if this has been seen before. I have a set of carbon fibre bodied SPA convex mirrors and when the car parked up yesterday it was so hot the mirrors inverted to concave *eek*. Has anyone seen this before *confused*. Anyone know of a fix 🤔.

Cheers

Mike

Hi Guys,

Checked the mirrors last night when it had cooled down and they seem to have recovered their normal shape *thumbup*. They came with the car which is 7 years old now, so I don’t think there’d be much joy in talking to Spa. I’ll keep an eye on them, and if it happens again thought about pulling them back to concave by using a small rubber sucker (if you see what I mean) pressed onto the front glass.

Cheers

Mike

When the same thing happened to one of my SPA mirrors, I took the plastic mirror piece out and took it to a local glazier who cut me two pieces of glass mirror the same size. I glued them in with a little silicon, picture quality is hugely improved.

Mine are flat glass, though, not sure if you could get a piece of convex the same size and curvature.