Click here if you are having website access problems ×

ITG air filter

hubcap

ITG have a reputation as being the best performance foam air filter. What is the general wisdom on this topic, I am running twin 45's on an xflow and wonder if anyone else has compared the performance of ITG v K&N v Pipercross etc. Aslo who is the best supplier?

Thoughts please!

Hubcap

I seem to remember someone recently (although I don't know where) measuring power output on a rolling road with/without the K&N's in place. Apparently there was no difference which would seem to suggest that the K&N's don't reduce air flow at all - if that's the case then I guess you needn't look any further, unless it's an aesthetics thing.

Paul

Hubcap

All of the air filter manufacturers can produce graphs to show how their filter flows more air than the competition.So in that respect you cannot really choose a definative "best" filter.

The K/n cotton gauze filters are probably the best looking with the chrome end caps and need the least maintainance beyond occasional cleaning/reoiling every 10,000 miles or so , the foam elements filters all need in pre oiling to obtain the best filtration

Dave

I've recently had my xflow rolling roaded. It was measured both with and without the K&N's. The filters did make a difference to the performance.

A friend has recently replaced his K&N's on his Vx with ITG, there was a thread about it late last year. The ITG's look good, but he had to modify the fixings to bolts, as the zeus fasteners wouldn't fit under the bonnet.

I'm sure he'll be along shortly to comment

Hubcap,

As Casbar said, I recently changed from K&N to ITG. However, mainly for aesthetic reasons. If there is an increase in performance it wasn't noticeable. Having said that, it does appear to be running a little leaner now, so I guess that means more air is getting in?

I've mailed you with some more details if you go down this route.

Ian

Folks

Make sure if you are using a foam filter to pre-oil it and not use dry.

I spoke to ITG and the filter is only about 70% efficient if used in this state and that the filter life is compromised as the fine dirt particles can go through the filter

Dave