Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Yamaham Update Pics

Ferrino

This is mainly a road car for the time being, but I intend to track it as soon as I have some funds! The concensus of BEC owners (both those with & without reverse) is that it is unnecessary unless racing regs stipulate that you must have one! I also decided against one because they are expensive, have been known to fail and weigh quite a bit! If I decide to race in future, I will retro-fit an electric reverse. It really is easy to get out and push a 400Kg car out of the drive and I don't plan to take it to Tesco 😬

Really like those wheels!!! Are they from caterham?

Car looks gorgeous and having had rides and driven in a Fury R1 engined car, I'll bet it will really go and you'll love it! 😬

Good colour choice too. If you haven't been on track before then get some instruction and take your time...and you'll soon be the quickest out there with that beast under the bonnet. Amazingly the R1 engine has good torque for a bike engine.

Great stuff!

Tony - the car looks fantastic, what a great achievement *thumbup*

A friend of mine has just finished building an R1 engined Dax. He took me out for a spin the other day and I was seriously impressed. The things that struck me were the noise and the ferocity of the paddle shift gear change (in his case a direct mechenical linkage). It really was something else, so I am sure you will have fun with yours *thumbup* 😬

Superlight no 46

12,000 areroscreen'd miles in 18 months